The Flashback of the 60s, 70s, 80s Greatest Music Hits

Nov 11, 2016

The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back on '60s Gold (1963)

The Angels - My Boyfriend's Back on '60s Gold (1963)
"My Boyfriend's Back" was a hit song in 1963 for the Angels, an American girl group. It was written by the songwriting team of Bob Feldman, Jerry Goldstein and Richard Gottehrer (a.k.a. FGG Productions who later formed the group The Strangeloves). The recording, employing the services of drummer Gary Chester, was originally intended as a demo for The Shirelles, but ended up being released as recorded. The result was a single that spent three weeks at number one on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, and number two on the R&B Billboard.



Download This Song

Rival girl groups The Chiffons and Martha and the Vandellas recorded covers shortly after The Angels' original release. In 1983, Melissa Manchester released a faithful cover version as a single that reached number 33 on the Adult Contemporary chart. The song was also covered by former American Idol contestant Paris Bennett on her 2007 album Princess P.

Similar Tracks

My Boyfriend's Back by The Chiffons
It's My Party by Lesley Gore
Be My Baby by Ronettes
My Girl by The Temptations
Where Did Our Love Go by The Supremes
Rockin' Robin by Bobby Day

Similar Artists

Ronettes
Lesley Gore
Dusty Springfield
Little Peggy March

No comments:

Post a Comment